DCR Design is a Prime Contractor to LA Metro for multi-year development and delivery of its digital mapping and customer-facing transit mapping services. This contract started in 2018 and has included several incremental deliveries thus far including:
- Development and implementation of the first LA Metro web Bike Information Map as part of a larger program of work to improve Active Transit information on metro.net.
- Design and development of the first implementation of digital Local Area Maps for rail station digital signs. The initial phase will be the southern 11 stations of the Metro Blue Line and the program will expand from there.
- User needs analysis and strategic direction for development of an internal coordinated mapping environment based on an enterprise approach to geodata and other system resources.
- Conversion of all Metro mapping to data-driven processes.
- Continued customer-facing map product updates and improvements to design development.